Bermuda Government FAQ
Government of Bermuda
Archives and Government Records Centre FAQs RSS Feed
How can I research my family history?
Viewed 3271 times since Wed, Apr 25, 2012
Researcherscan consult a number of sources for genealogical information, including originalchurch, civil, military, and immigration records.  Localchurch registers prove integral to family research, providing information onbirths, marriages, and... Read More
What is the Bermuda Archives?
Viewed 2011 times since Wed, Apr 25, 2012
TheBermuda Archives is the official repository for all records created by theBermuda Government that have been assessed as having historical and culturalvalue.  Read More
What records do you hold?
Viewed 1870 times since Wed, Apr 25, 2012
Therecord holdings of the Bermuda Archives date from the 17th centuryand include information related to all areas of governmentadministration.   In addition to government records, The BermudaArchives houses records donated by private benefa... Read More
How can I contact the archives?
Viewed 1866 times since Wed, Apr 25, 2012
Youcan contact us by mail or phone: Telephone:          (441) 297 – 7737E-mail:                  archives@gov.bmPos... Read More
Is there internet access?
Viewed 1735 times since Wed, Apr 25, 2012
Presently the Bermuda Archives does not offer WIFI orpublic access terminals for internet research. Read More
Is there a fee to use the archives?
Viewed 1514 times since Wed, Apr 25, 2012
Thearchival records and resources of the Bermuda Archives are available free ofcharge to all users.  However, reproduction and photocopying fees do applyas outlined in the Government Fees Amendment Regulations.  When possible,researchers ma... Read More
Do you provide research services?
Viewed 1431 times since Wed, Apr 25, 2012
Weare unable to conduct in-depth research for users.  However, we cansuggest the name of local researchers for hire.    Read More
What are your hours of operation?
Viewed 1324 times since Wed, Apr 25, 2012
TheBermuda Archives is open Monday through Friday from 8:45 a.m. until 5p.m.  We are closed on all public holidays. Read More
How can I get a reproduction of a photograph, negative, or map?
Viewed 1307 times since Wed, Apr 25, 2012
Torequest a reproduction, the user needs to complete a personal, commercial, ornon-commercial "Request for Permission to Use Pictorial Images”contract.   The Bermuda Archives outsources its reproduction work tolocal and overseas vendors as ... Read More
Can I use a camera, laptop, and scanner?
Viewed 1293 times since Wed, Apr 25, 2012
Researcherscan use cameras and laptops but the use of handheld scanners is notpermitted.  Researchers who wish to use cameras will be required tocomplete a "Digital Photography Form.” Read More