Bermuda Government FAQ
Government of Bermuda
Home » Departments » Conservation Services

What happened to the Dept. of Agriculture and Fisheries?

The Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (Ag and Fish) was divided into the Department of Conservation Services and Department of Environmental Protection in 2002.

Conservation Services is responsible for managing historic shipwrecks and nature reserves, including Nonsuch Island, as well as species management and recovery plans and programmes. Conservation Services is also responsible for agricultural services and operation of the Marketing Centre.

Environmental Protection is responsible for enforcement matters, such as fisheries wardens and animal control. This department also operates the plant protection lab, carries out fisheries related research, and air and water quality monitoring. Dog licenses, animal and plant imports, fishing and lobster licenses are all handled by Environmental Protection.

Did this FAQ Answer your Question?
Yes No
Attachments Attachments
There are no attachments for this FAQ.
Related FAQs RSS Feed
Where can I get an artificial Longtail nesting burrow?
Viewed 1298 times since Wed, Mar 7, 2012
Can I use the photos on the Department of Conservation Service website?
Viewed 1295 times since Thu, Mar 8, 2012
How do I report a dead or injured animal?
Viewed 1165 times since Wed, Mar 7, 2012
Are there sea snakes in Bermuda?
Viewed 4569 times since Wed, Mar 7, 2012
I am a Bermudian studying for an environmental degree, are there scholarships available to me?
Viewed 1228 times since Wed, Mar 7, 2012