Bermuda Government FAQ
Government of Bermuda
Home » Departments » Rent Commission

What can a tenant do if he has paid an unlawful rent?

If a landlord has charged a tenant a rent which is in excess of the maximum chargeable rent under the Act, the tenant may recover from the landlord the excess so charged in accordance with the provisions of the Section 28 of the Rent Increases (Domestic Premises) Control Act 1978.

Did this FAQ Answer your Question?
Yes No
Attachments Attachments
There are no attachments for this FAQ.