|Home » Departments » Transport Control|
Q: What is a Classic Car?
Article Number: 122 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Mon, Mar 5, 2012 5:56 PM
A: 1. A Classic private motor car is defined as a private motor car having been registered in Bermuda for a minimum of 25 years and also licensed as a private car a minimum of 15 years.
2. A Bermuda Classic Car Association be established and all persons wishing to register a Classic private motor car be a member of this Association. The Association will assist the TCD by maintaining an annual register of all Classic car members and an updated status of each Classic car.
3. Owners of two private motor cars (Classic and primary) have only one car on the road at anyone time.
4. All Classic private motor cars be inspected and licensed annually like any other private motor cars.
5. All Classic Secondary private motor cars pay a basic annual Inspection fee and 20% of the annual licensing fee according to the class of vehicle.
6. All Classic private motor cars be insured annually.
7. All Classic private motor cars be identified with special registration plates. For example, CL-CI.
8. All Classic private motor cars exhibit on the windscreens a special licence decal (sticker) indicating that it has been licensed for that year, i.e., from 1st January - 31 st December.
9. All Classic private motor cars be driven on Sundays and on official Bermuda public Holidays A special permit be issued by the TCD for any other time.
10. All Classic private motor cars be written-off like any other private motor car.
11. The selling of a Classic private motor car be governed by the same regulations of that of any other private motor car. Once a private motor car has been licensed as an Classic private motor car, it may not be relicensed as a Primary private motor car.
12. All Classic private motor cars to be housed in garages or sheds on members' properties or on other sites with similar accommodations .
Did this FAQ Answer your Question?
There are no attachments for this FAQ.
Q: How much will it cost for me to have my car inspected?
Viewed 651 times since Mon, Mar 5, 2012
Q: Will I have to make another appointment if my car fails inspection from TCD?
Viewed 621 times since Mon, Mar 5, 2012
My van has no seat belts in the rear; will it fail inspection at TCD?
Viewed 713 times since Mon, Mar 5, 2012
Q: I am in Bermuda on a work permit (guest worker). Can I do Project Ride?
Viewed 1956 times since Mon, Mar 5, 2012
Q: Is there a law that prohibits me from having customized plates on my car?
Viewed 666 times since Mon, Mar 5, 2012