Bermuda Government FAQ
Government of Bermuda
Home » Departments » Social Insurance

If my husband dies do I get his pension contributions and the Goverment’s?

A spouse may be entitled to a monthly widow’s allowance or a onetime  payment of a  widow’s gratuity.   Please submit a widow’s application with your birth certificate, your marriage certificate and the death certificate.  The Benefits section will determine eligibility status based on the paid contributions at the time of the death of your spouse

Did this FAQ Answer your Question?
Yes No
Attachments Attachments
There are no attachments for this FAQ.
Related FAQs RSS Feed
What are the social insurance department hours of opening?
Viewed 1288 times since Tue, Mar 6, 2012
Can I make Payments online
Viewed 1691 times since Mon, Sep 24, 2012
Can individuals get a social insurance number from the age of 16?
Viewed 1399 times since Tue, Mar 6, 2012
Who is eligible to receive a pension?
Viewed 2898 times since Tue, Mar 6, 2012
How far back can I make an adjustment to my staff with respect to Social Insurance contributions?
Viewed 1404 times since Tue, Mar 6, 2012