Bermuda Government FAQ
Government of Bermuda
Home » Departments » Customs

I own a local retail shop and wish to do some renovations (capital investment project), can I get any duty relief?

Yes you can get a duty relief as long as you are a retail shop that is a permanent structure and sells goods and merchandise. There is a list of qualifying goods but you may not claim duty relief on the following goods:

- construction equipment;

- tools;

- goods for sale from your retail shop; or

- normal operating supplies (e.g. replacement light bulbs, cleaning supplies, office supplies, stationery etc.)

Please refer to Public Notice # 29 on our website for more information

Did this FAQ Answer your Question?
Yes No
Attachments Attachments
There are no attachments for this FAQ.
Related FAQs RSS Feed
How do I contact H.M. Customs?
Viewed 1204 times since Mon, Mar 5, 2012
Why is my release note not ready at the scheduled time?
Viewed 832 times since Mon, Mar 5, 2012
How do I send a parcel containing food stuffs to a person in Bermuda?
Viewed 1116 times since Tue, Mar 6, 2012
Who do I contact if I have a question about the Trainee Customs Officer Programme?
Viewed 842 times since Mon, Mar 5, 2012
Where can I clear my imported goods?
Viewed 892 times since Mon, Mar 5, 2012