Bermuda Government FAQ
Government of Bermuda
Home » Departments » Social Insurance

I have a terminal illness and can no longer work. Can I receive an early pension?

No, the Contributory Pension is only paid out to persons aged 65 and over, however with a medical certificate from a certified physician an individual can apply to receive a disability benefit. If you feel you may qualify for a disability benefit, the form to fill out can be found here. Fill out the appropriate application and return it to the Department of Social Insurance. For further information please contact the Department of Social Insurance benefits section at (441) 294-9242.
Did this FAQ Answer your Question?
Yes No
Attachments Attachments
There are no attachments for this FAQ.