Bermuda Government FAQ
Government of Bermuda
Home » Departments » Legal Aid

How can I get legal advice?

It is customary that when unrepresented parties appear in the courts, especially when facing criminal charges and before entering a plea, they are advised of their right to seek legal advice either from the Duty Counsel or from The Legal Aid Office. In the same vein, when a person is detained at a police station or at a correctional facility or some similar place, the person in charge is obliged to inform the person that he has a right to obtain advice and representation from the Duty Counsel or Legal Aid Counsel. Outside of normal office hours, anyone in need to assistance can call the Legal Aid Office cellphone at 799-6451.

Did this FAQ Answer your Question?
Yes No
Attachments Attachments
There are no attachments for this FAQ.
Related FAQs RSS Feed
How do I apply for an Emergency Legal Aid Certificate?
Viewed 829 times since Mon, Mar 5, 2012
How is the Legal Aid Certificate revoked or discharged?
Viewed 1226 times since Mon, Mar 5, 2012
How are Legal Aid Certificates granted?
Viewed 844 times since Mon, Mar 5, 2012
If I get Legal Aid, do I have to pay anything to my lawyer?
Viewed 841 times since Mon, Mar 5, 2012
What happens if someone provides false information to Legal Aid?
Viewed 890 times since Mon, Mar 5, 2012