Bermuda Government FAQ
Government of Bermuda
Home » Departments » Customs

Do I have to pay duty on my goods when I move to Bermuda to work; or, if I move back to Bermuda after living abroad for an extended period?

If you are moving to Bermuda to take up residence on a full time work permit or a resident who has been off the island for at least a year you qualify for the Transfer of Residence Allowance (TRA). You may bring in the following items duty free: TRA covers personal clothing, furniture, household appliances, portable tools of trade, and other household goods and personal effects. Please refer to our website Public Notice # 28 for further information. Available on website etc.

Did this FAQ Answer your Question?
Yes No
Attachments Attachments
There are no attachments for this FAQ.