Bermuda Government FAQ
Government of Bermuda
Home » Departments » Social Insurance

Can contributions be transferred to another country?

No, contributions cannot be transferred to another country. There is however a reciprocal agreement with the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland that allows the contributions to be combined, if a person has provided contributions in either the United Kingdom or Northern Ireland. For further information please contact the Department of Social Insurance Benefits department at (441) 294-9242.
Did this FAQ Answer your Question?
Yes No
Attachments Attachments
There are no attachments for this FAQ.
Related FAQs RSS Feed
I have a terminal illness and can no longer work. Can I receive an early pension?
Viewed 1603 times since Tue, Mar 6, 2012
Do I get interest on my paid contributions?
Viewed 2193 times since Tue, Mar 6, 2012
Social Insurance (entitlement)
Viewed 2600 times since Wed, May 30, 2012
New Rates - 2012/2013
Viewed 1917 times since Wed, Aug 8, 2012
If I leave the island will I receive my money back from the pension scheme?
Viewed 3637 times since Tue, Mar 6, 2012